Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Where do babies come from???

Charlie will be 3 1/2 next month. And like typical 3-year-olds talks and asks questions constantly. We were driving to McDonalds today as he was rambling on and on about scuba diving & sharks (two of his latest obsessions)...

Can Jack go scuba diving? no, he's too little.
Can Jack eat sharks? no.
If he went scuba diving he'd slip out of the scuba diving (stuff) and get eaten by sharks? I hope not!
WHY? Because that would be messy.
And we wouldn't have a Jack? Nope, no more Jack & we'd be sad.
Can we just get another Jack? Where would we get another Jack from?
FROM THE HOSPITAL!

At this point Greg proceeded to explain that Jack didn't actually come from the hospital but that he grew inside of mommy's tummy & the doctors took him out of my tummy at the hospital (which is very technically true because I had a c-section).

How did he grow inside of Mommy's tummy?
Hummmmm.. I didn't really know what to say so I looked to Greg who answered "Well, there was an egg inside mommy's tummy & we added some seeds to it!"

AHHHH! All I could think of was this little kid who eats eggs almost every morning and just the day before had spent half an hour filling a plastic cup with seeds he'd found on the sidewalk. I could just imagine him trying to make more siblings. I also wasn't sure I wanted Charlie giving this explanation to everyone who would listen. But as it turned out this answer seemed to satisfy him and he responded with a simple "OH!" He did mention that there'd been an egg in my tummy, we added seeds, & then grew Jack several times over the next couple of days but that was as far as the conversation ever went.

No comments: