I was so excited to be getting out the door at 9:05 this morning. I was actually going to be early to kickboxing - completely unprecedented.
I put Charlie in the car and ran around the back to put Jack on the other side.
BAM! (I think it actually made that sound)
I'm staring up at the carport and Jack is looking at me in shock. But at least I was still holding him and he was on top of me.
The jackhammer stopped (they're working on the road right in front of my house).
"Miss, are you okay?"
They ran over to help me up and gather my cell phone, keys, sunglasses and everything else that exploded from my bags and hands when I biffed it on the ice.
I informed jackhammer man that I'd changed my mind and I was not going to kickboxing. I'm sure he appreciated the information.
I got Charlie out of the car and made it back inside. Jack had landed right on my elbow - lucky for my super human motherly instincts - and it killed. A few other scrapes and bruises, but nothing traumatic.
I took it as a sign and went back to bed grateful that the sound of jackhammers is loud enough to drown out expletives.
(PS - I just noticed this is my 200th post!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good save!
Post a Comment