Friday, May 14, 2010

Goodbye, old friend.


My crock pot is dead. I'm a little sad. It was one of 3 given to my parents when they where married and then passed onto me when I went to college. I was delighted to own a never-used twenty year old HARVEST YELLOW crock pot. Vintage and brand new! It made me happy every time I used it - Well, until the last time, when it barely heated and ruined dinner. It was a good 12 years, old friend.

5 comments:

BBC said...

mine is about to go kaput too. it's only 5 years old though and wasn't purchased several decades ago like yours though! i think i got ripped off. :)

Katie said...

Sad day

Margret said...

Aawwww! That makes me sad too. The knob on mine is going (it is the same age as yours but used longer) and you have to be absolutely sure that it clicks into either low or high. Our last dinner was partly cooked, but after jiggling the knob, it was cooked well about 3 hrs. later.

Amy said...

I feel your pain. I had the puke green version of the same line. Sad to see it go...

Jenny and Jared said...

You should turn it into a plant potter or something. Put it on your shelf as an art piece. Hmmm, I'm going to keep working on ideas.