When I was at BYU a hundred years ago nothing got my morning off to a great start like the Daily Universe... or DU (pronounced "Duh" by those in the know... namely me and Jess). If caffeine had been permitted within a 2 mile radius of campus - a Dr. Pepper would have been my answer to those chilly early mornings walking across campus. Being left with the DU, and my steaming Styrofoam cup of instant microwaved oatmeal - it was looking forward to those feisty letters to the editor, ridiculous campus police beats, and our favorite weekly contributions from Eric D. Snider that got me out of bed each day. Random sidebar - I had a photo journalism class one semester where I took photos for the DU - seeing my stuff in print was pretty cool.. why didn't I go that direction?
Any who.. Although Mr. Snider has moved on to much bigger and better things his articles still brighten my inbox on Monday mornings. Today's didn't disappoint: My Rejected Twilight Screenplay. I enjoyed it, yes, with an ice cold Dr. Pepper - it was a rough night & my 3 week sabbatical from all things caffeinated was seriously overrated. Seriously.
4 comments:
Absoultely Hilarious!
BYU: Where The Leaders Of Tomorrow Are Riding Unicycles Today
Funny post Jen!! I LOVE reading all the opinions in the DU. Hot tempered people on campus!!
The unicycle guy!!! I remember when he almost ran me over on University Ave. once.
Post a Comment