Friday, December 19, 2008

Baby weight...


I'm generally not one to worry how much I weigh. I don't have a scale. I'm good if the pants fit. HOWEVER, out of morbid curiosity I let the nurse at my oncologists office weigh me. I was SHOCKED to find out that I was 15 pound more than I estimated. Yikes. I was bugged for about a day.

My real weigh in was yesterday at my 6 week follow up visit.. DA da daaaaaaa... 10 pounds lighter!!! Now, I can guarantee you that I did not lose that much weight in a week but it sure feels great to shed those psychological pounds. My doctor continued to applaud my weight (that's why I pay him the big bucks) and told me that nursing moms tend to hold onto 5 or 6 pounds until they quit - it's all that extra liquid and fat for milk making (yes, he said that). So I'm perfect, he said (but don't tell my pants, they stubbornly disagree).

3 comments:

Kaci said...

I am so impressed! I told you I was jealous at Book Club, but now I am even more so, as I sit here, with my stubborn 10 pounds! Oh well, you deserve it! Now you can eat all that good Christmas junk and not feel guilty!

Also, I was slightly caught off guard by the mention of you oncologist? WTF? I must be missing something. Please fill me in, until then, I will read back through your old blogs (I am a mega slacker these last few weeks) and try to see what the heck is going on!

Jen said...

You are beautiful. 10 pounds, 15 pounds, 115 pounds. Doesn't matter. You are beautiful. The end.

westfam said...

I feel your pain Jen. My pants are giving me some trouble too! Ha! Ha! I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas! Your boys are so cute!
Suzy