Monday, June 9, 2008

Our New Boat! OR, Happy Father's Day, Greg!

We've out grown our little dingy, so it was time for an upgrade. Greg's brother Dave is into classic boats. Which is really cool since I've always loved classic cars - it's like a whole new world I've never explored.

This weekend Greg surveyed Dave's collection and bought our favorite. It's going to need a little love, but it's sweet! It's very roomy - we can actually all fit comfortably on the front bench and even have room to throw some friends in the back!

It's a 16' 1958 or 1959 aluminum Texas Maid Bahama. We haven't found a lot of information yet on the Internet (shocking that Google didn't overwhelm me with information, I know!). It has a sweet windshield and beautiful classic fins on the back. And it's orange.











6 comments:

Greg Barnes said...

That is pretty much the coolest boat I have ever seen!

Margret said...

I love the three grins in the last photo! Looks like a fun summer ahead!

Jenny and Jared said...

I know Greg has wanted a boat with a wheel for so long. This is a sweet boat and I am very happy for you. One of my good friends back in Oklahoma has a boat just like this as a car, built on a VW frame and engine. The Boat Car. Jared

Amy said...

OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!! You better get your butts down here and visit us!!! You have the boat, but we have all the good lakes! We are holding them ransome. Do your boys like to fish? That's our new hobby. Let's go!

Jenny and Jared said...

That is so retro cool! Congratulations. Me and the kids are coming up in July, we want a ride for sure! (or at least to come visit, I'll call you)

Lacey.costner said...

you are the coolest Wife Jen!!