Image from here. 
I'm having a bit of trouble doing it all right now. Let's be honest... I've never really completely had it together. There's always something, well, several things. And that's okay. Most days.
I may not get Christmas cards out this year. True story.
Home made neighbor and gifts? Not so much.
You didn't want those extra calories anyway, right?



Christmas shopping? Well. We're keeping it simple this year but I still have to actually do some shopping. But it's really really cold outside. Perfect for procrastination. Really.

This was going to be the year of the advent calendar tradition. Unfortunately, checking the
TV guide for the Christmas show of the evening is as far as I've gotten. Oh, and starting to decorate the tree. And, we've read some Christmas books. Next week - a gingerbread house. WAIT - we made paper chains and
ceremoniously cut them every day. The full advent calendar tradition will have to wait until next year for it's official introduction though. Maybe.

Even though things aren't
perfect we're still managing to have some fun. A few jolly laughs even. It's our first Christmas with Isaac.
Every time baby Jesus is mentioned I see the boys look at him. It reminds me what Christmas is about and that I'm
grateful for what we have and especially for the moments that we enjoy together.
11 comments:
Jenni Blue - you just made me cry! You have always been an inspiration of "togetherness" for me. Even if it has always been your own version of it. You are doing wonderfully, I can see it in your boys. You take this season for you, your family, and as you said, what it's really about.
Can I just say that I love your posts? Your boys are so blessed. :)
Thank you for the perspective. I needed that today because I too am behind on everything.
Jen, funny entertaining post as always!! i'm behind and I only have 1 baby, so I think it's amazing you get as much done with 3 kids!! Well, 4 counting a husband, lets be honest. Merry Christmas!
you're so amazing just the way you are! your kids love you and most importantly they know that you love them! that's all that really matters! :)
When you have happy, fun times with your family, that's perfect. No one ever remembers the "perfect" decorations, or goodies, or gifts. It's the ooops and the uh-oh's that make the best memories anyway. How wonderful to have a tiny baby boy with you this year. Just be.
You are amazing. I love the last pic, that is what it is all about right now.
I love that last picture of you and baby. Such sweetness:)
To be honest, I am totally offended you did not send me a Christmas card this year and will not be reading your blog anymore until I get one! Lol- Just kidding, of course. :) Such cute pictures. Yeah, I have two kids and two sets of in-laws that live a mile a way and I am a disaster! So you are ions ahead of me, Jen! But I know that kids are oblivious to anything such as disorganization or scatterbrain-ness- they just want a sammich when it's time to eat, a drink when they are thirsty and for you to "watch" when they do something cool. I always make it more complicated than that...
It makes me like you even more to hear that you're not perfect.
You are always a great example of never letting life get you down. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment