
Nothing is more exciting for Jack than to hear, "Jack! Come quick! There are snakes all over our back yard!!!" Indeed. I decided on Wednesday that four days was a sufficient amount of time for the tent to dry after Father's and sons. As I reached to pick it up a quick little garter snake zipped out and under the fence. Just the day before we'd been talking about how we hadn't seen any snakes this year. Last summer Jack caught five. I was so sad that I'd missed this guy (but not sad enough to actually consider grabbing it before it got away). As the adrenalin settled, I proceeded to lift the tent only to find four more little guys curled up on the cold cement under the tent at which point I called in my in-house snake catcher.

Jack spent the day with his snakes. One got away during snake races. One was let go after it "threw up". Jack said,
"I'm not a real expert on snakes, but it was time for that one to go." The final two where released at dinner time after a day of begging and pleading for us to keep them forever and ever. (Did we not just get a dog? And we already need snakes? Then, if we keep snakes, what's next? Well, I asked Jack and he said,
"A bird and then a turtle and then a king cobra and a baby tiger and then a baby mountain goat, a bearded dragon, and then I'll have a horse. A baby horse. A baby. Small." Oh, okay. As long as it is small.
"And then a cheetah and a kitten." Well, at least I know what the ultimate plan is.)
5 comments:
You crack me up, Jen!
I think Jack and Drew would of gotten along.
I can't look at your blog anymore until these pictures move down enough...
I can't look at your blog anymore until these pictures move down enough...
Awesome. Love that look in his eye!
Ha! My favorite is the baby mountain goat. Hilarious.
Post a Comment