Friday, November 16, 2007

The ER - yet another fun way to spend a Friday night

I'm not even kidding you. Back to the ER for us tonight!

Just before bed Charlie and Jack were racing across the living room. They were actually wearing those silly hospital caps! And.. just like the picture below.. Jack had his pulled down over his face.
I was rinsing dishes in the sink and just about to tell them to cut it out.. it was time for bed.
BAM! Jack fell face first into the coffee table.
He bit clear through the side of his lip. Clear through. It was pretty much the grossest thing I've ever seen. He calmed down rather quickly and was happy to just suck on a towel. We strapped him in his car seat, and I drove us all to the ER (Greg is super doped up from his surgery yesterday). I was on the verge of hysterics.. I wanted to cry and laugh hysterically at the same time. Seriously, you've got to be kidding me. WHAT NEXT?

So, what a sight we were - Greg with his bruised and swollen face and Jack bleeding all over. Jack at the same nurses as Greg did the other day. They put 5 stitches on the outside of his mouth and one on the inside. It was the worst. Poor charlie just knelt on his knees in the corner. He was so sad for Jack and felt so helpless. I started to cry every time I looked at Charlie. Not a fun night at all. Jack was a trooper though and recovered quickly from having the stitches put in. He was even sweet enough to say "Thank you, Dr. Rowley" when we left.

I have pictures too. But I don't know if I'm even ready to look at them again. Maybe tomorrow.

So much for Christmas pictures this week.
Faces are fragile.
Jack before -
Jack after -

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, you are having a bad week. Sorry things are crazy for you, but you sound like you are handling it pretty well. I'd be crazy for sure. Hope things get better.

julie said...

oh my gosh, you poor thing....things could always be worse right? Hopefully I'll be going to the hospital this week but for a good reason. Hopefully your boys heal fast and stay out of trouble. I've banned charlie from turkey football because he always comes back with an injury, if only he would listen to me :)

Margret said...

Oh, sweetie, I am so sorry you are having such a tough week. Good thing all your men are tough ones!
Sending lots of love and prayers in your direction!

Sine family said...

oh man can things get any worse? I'm so sorry for you. I think you should still take the family Christmas pictures I think it will make for fun conversation once the boys are older. Boys will be boys right.