Monday, May 12, 2008


I got my flower bed planted this year!

Only 2 of the 3 perennials made it through the winter (and a random patch a sage against the house and steps, but Charlie and Jack did a great job helping me pick flowers for this year.

I planted a small Hydrangea bush which is turning out to be especially high maintenance - but I love hydrangeas (they were in my wedding bouquet and I planted it for our anniversary).





The rest of the flowers are bright annuals and I'm excited for them to mature. I have a tendency to over plant so we'll see how it goes. We have dahlias, pansies, dianthus, portulaca, and lobelia.

5 comments:

BBC said...

wow! your flowers love amazing! good job!

Margret said...

Nice 'stache! Love the flowers. I have been tempted by hydrangeas, but they may not do well here....Your flower bed is great! Can't wait to come play with the boys...

Lacey.costner said...

HYdrangeas are beautiful...but beware...they are BEASTS when they get big!! We had them in S.C. and they were 6 feet tall, and about 6 feet in diameter!! And did you know you can change the color of them by adjusting the acidity in your soil?? very cool

kathryn said...

beautiful flowers! i love them. and i also love hydrangeas- great job! my goal is to successfully grow a tomato plant this summer. we'll see how that goes!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful-I'm hoping to plant some sonn!