Monday, September 17, 2007

Jack's birthday...

For Jack's birthday we just had a fun family day.

We went to the Springville are museum for a little children's art festival and did a really fun scavenger hunt. Chief Massasoit was one tall Indian. I'm seriously considering starting to do some volunteer work at the museum. I love going there and I'd love to reconnect with my artistic side. There were several art students there doing different drawings and sketching demonstrations and I thought to myself, "oh yeah, I used to do that kind of thing all of the time." I'm sad to admit that even when I draw for the boys I really don't give them too much more than stick figures. Pictures.. I still take pictures.. okay, but only with my digital camera.. Please don't make me admit that the film in my Nikon is over 2 years old. Shame on me!

After running a few errands--- and going to a park to look for my keys--- first time I've EVER lost them (and didn't find them)!--- we went swimming. Well, the boys did. It was a little windy and cool. But they had a blast! Jack is finally (now that swimming season is over) in love with swimming. He will even jump in and go totally under water (unlike Mr. Don'tGetMyEyesWet Charlie)







We went up to Mel and Steve's house to watch the BYU game with Greg's family and had Jack's cake up there to celebrate. When Jack saw his birthday cake he yelled, "IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!" And he sang along to his birthday song. It was too cute. He put on a good show and loved all of his gifts. Below is a video clip of him opening his present from my mom. I thought you'd like to see him opening his gift, Mom. He loved it!



















1 comment:

Jenny and Jared said...

I haven't read your blog for awhile, I'm just catching up tonight on like a months worth. That was the cutest post EVER!!! I can't beleive how adorable and funny he is. I'm so surprised he's only 6 months older than Lily, he seems like forever older. I hope our boy is even remotely as cute as Jack.