Friday, September 21, 2007

Toy Recalls

There have been a lot of toy recalls due to lead paint. Enough so that it made me wonder if any of our toys have been recalled. So, I googled it and found this great site for the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. It lists all of the toy recalls (back to 1975 it says). After scrolling through several of them, I came across one toy that we own, but luckily it wasn't recalled because of lead paint but for a part that breaks off, and ours did. But I can't find it. Maybe I threw it away???


Okay - I totally just found another one. It's Jack's beloved puppy! He got it last Christmas at a neighborhood party and sleeps with it all the time. But honestly, the recall is because the pom poms can come off and pose a choking hazard, but I knew that when I gave it to him. (I just checked, the pom poms are still intact.)

No comments: