The things you don't appreciate until they're gone - the internet. Mine was MIA for 24 hours & I was amazed at what a HUGE inconvenience it was. I wanted to watched missed episodes of Heroes last night - couldn't. I needed to pay some bills online & balance my checkbook this morning. It was killing me not to check my e-mail and update my blog (I had a bajillion little updates - we'll see how many I can actually remember now). I have formula checks to list on eBay... wanted to look up some library call numbers & see how many more days I had to pick up a book that's on hold-dah!.. and I was lost without my instant messenger... Greg & I chat back & forth all day long about little random things (things not important enough to make a phone call but information nevertheless). And all of my other friends that I keep in touch with-- no Internet = seclusion from the outside world. But - now, I'm back! It was funny to me how THRILLED I was when I saw my little IM boxes loading & my little g-mail notices on the screen. My computer is pretty useless without the Internet. I have tons of pictures & a bunch of recipes.. but that's it! (Okay & a few calendars and other documents for Young Women's - but I'm out of ink so unless I can e-mail those documents, those are useless too).
Ahhhh, I'm so happy to be online....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment