This house is nearly identical to Jeff & Allie's that they just built recently. It's approximately 2156 square feet. It even has the expanded family room & kitchen. And this house is located right here in our city in a great new developing community. There are 2 brand new schools to choose from. One is a charter school that sounds awesome from the brochures. And this house has been built on the biggest lot in the division, and on the edge - to the immediate west is a huge pasture which belongs to people who refused to sell it to the developers (not to say they would change their mind at some future point, but I love having one side that's just beautiful open fields). To the east of the home there will be a big side yard before the next house is built. The people who built it were supposed to close last week --- but it totally fell through. And actually, we went and saw this house on Saturday and I wouldn't be surprised if it was already gone.
The downstairs has a half bathroom, the laundry room that goes out to the garage (Charlie said, "Hey! Look! A big garage. What are garages for?"-- so deprived!). It has a good sized front Living Room, Dining Room, then a great kitchen that is open up to a huge family room (with a fire place). There are 4 great bedrooms upstairs. The master sweet is awesome, with and big walk in closet & bathroom & vaulted ceilings. The people who built it picked great tile, carpet, & wall color & did updated naughty alder cabinets and fixtures. The downside is there are no basements in the area because of the water table.. an unfinished basement would make it perfect.
The kitchen, kitchen office area, & the family room:
The master walk-in closet & bathroom:
The asking price--- $289,000. *SIGH* I think I just need to come up with an extra $1000/month or so (wink, wink). Plus $ for the extra taxes, utilities, the yard, vinyl fence, & furniture & TV for the family room, & of course a dining room set.... but a girl can dream, can't she?
I think I have this out of my system now. From our town home (which I love-- I just wish the neighbors weren't so close) we just need to look for the next step up.. this house is probably 3 or 4 steps up. And maybe in a few years we'll be ready for something like this. In the meantime, Greg is starting back up on his MBA in April and we want to stay in a comfortable place, financially, to give him the flexibility to do that.
But a girl can dream...
No comments:
Post a Comment