This is a picture of Jack before his first day of nursery (Sunday March 18, 2007).
After standing at the back of the room for about 15 minutes, Jack seemed comfortable enough with the teachers and children that I decided to take my chances and see how he would do on his own in there. I almost expected them to bring him to me after just a few minutes, but he did really well. He stayed there for about half an hour before apparently he got his finger pinched and couldn't quite recover - he needed his mom.
We've been waiting for months to be able to take Jack into the nursery (The little baby class for little ones ages 18 months - 2 1/2 yrs old during the last 2 hours of church). He became bored with the adult Sunday School class months ago, and preferred Family History because they are a little more casual there (and I don't mind-- I've been loving the Family History class too.)
When I opened the door to the nursery, he ran right in and stopped. He stood there, looking around as if thinking to himself "I DIDN'T KNOW THIS PLACE WAS HERE!" He immediately ran in and started playing with all of the new toys. He knows a lot of the children from play group & from playing with them at the playground. But there were children I didn't even know-- there were 17 kids there that day. But they had lots of teachers too who all seemed very involved with the children.
He calmed down immediately and after about 10 minutes he started to beg to "Play.. kids!" I took him back just in time for play dough. He LOVED it! And for the first time didn't try to eat it. He was doing so well, that I left again after a few minutes, but this time they brought him back to me right away. I decided to stay with him for the rest of the time there. He did fine, and just checked every few moments to make sure was still there in the room.
It took Charlie months before he would even let us out of his sight. But Charlie eventually fell in love with his nursery teachers and begged to go there, and hated to leave when it was time to go home. I think Jack will get the hang of things quickly too. He's growing so quickly. He's not a little baby anymore!
No comments:
Post a Comment