Uncle Al came over for dinner & to do his laundry & play with his nephews while Greg & I took some time to finally go watch Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest in the movie theater of our club house. I love that Captain Jack Sparrow.. loved the chirography of the sword fights.. was horrified by the sea creature people.. but it definitely felt like a 'middle' to me & I can't wait to see the next one - I think it comes out on May 25th!
When we got back I put Charlie to bed. Alan had successfully changed his first poopy diaper & had gotten Jack to go to sleep successfully. The boys had a great time with him & when Charlie woke up this morning he said "Hey! Why did Uncle Al go home? I wanted him to stay here!" Greg and I vegged in front of the Discovery Channel and watched Lobster Men & contemplated a move and a career change. The crew members made $7800 for 5 days of lobstering!
Greg jumped on an opportunity to work at Scuba Ted's on Saturdays to get a sweet discount on gear & classes. So that's where he's been today. The boys and I went to hang out with him for awhile before their naps. This morning we got all the bedrooms cleaned, the kitchen & living room cleaned & dusted & vacuumed, the upstairs bathroom done & the laundry done. My random-Saturday-project was to straighten out the computer cords and dust/vacuum behind the desk - it it looks awesome. My living room feels so much less cluttered now.
Tonight I'm going to finish my young women's lesson for tomorrow. I'm teaching the combined lesson - so with all of the young women & the leaders. I have too much material & I'm trying to narrow it down. The lesson is called Loving Ourselves & Others and everything I read seems to totally apply & I want to share everything I've learned with them. I know that it's probably the hardest time for these girls, being in Jr. High & High School & dealing with mean girls who are supposedly their friends but hurt them continuously & peer pressure & clicks & wanting to be accepted and trying to figure out who they are and who they want to become---- I just want them to really feel their own value and worth and know that they can ignore those outside pressures and be who they want to be & make the choices they know to be right. We have the cutest, funniest & most accepting group of girls. I'm really loving my calling as the Young Women's secretary & I'm glad I get the chance to teach every few months.
Here are some pictures I uploaded of the boys looking at a caterpillar in the backyard (2-22-07).
After following it for awhile, and even holding it while it was on a stick & petting it, Jack decided it was funny to be afraid of it like Charlie was. So this is his 'feigned fear of a fuzzy little caterpillar'. The kid can really act!
No comments:
Post a Comment