Jack's latest fascination as been sitting on the potty like a BIG boy. So, I usually appease him by plopping him on it for a few minutes while I get something done. (Most of the time I just leave his clothes on him-- he just wants to feel BIG.)
This morning after breakfast when I was washing his hands he very clearly said, "Mommy, Poo in da potty." He was a little stinky so I checked his diaper to see if he'd already went.. it was clean (toots, I guess), so I thought, what the heck.. I undressed him and plopped him on the potty seat while I went to change the laundry loads. When I came back he was off the toilet looking into it, looked up and said, "Mommy, all done." And sure enough, he'd pooed in the potty.
We celebrated, took pictures, then he called Daddy on the phone & as soon as Greg picked up he said, "Daddy! Poo in da potty! Poo in da potty!"
Jack is light years ahead of Charlie on this front... Charlie showed no interest in potty training until he was 3 years & 3 months and decided to do it himself (and his biggest motivator was Jelly Bellys & the promise of Bowling). So now, how do I nurture Jack's interest without scaring him off with my huge dreams of NO KIDS IN DIAPERS? Imagine the extra diaper money! See! I just have to remind myself he still may be a year off from real potty training (but this isn't a bad start at 19 months, right?)
Tips? Suggestions? I'll take them!
No comments:
Post a Comment