Saturday, April 28, 2007

We find lots of things to do.

We really didn't have a lot planned for today. Greg was supposed to work at the dive shop today & our neighborhood was having a Pool Opening Social from 11-3 that I was planning to take the boys too.

After Greg headed off to the shop the boys & I hopped in the car and drove to Target. I was hoping that they would have their pool things out for us, but we didn't find anything more than what was in the sporting goods section. I want to get Charlie some new floaties that aren't just plastic. I've seen them where they have sort of a suede-y material that doesn't chafe as much. I did however find him a new bathing suit to add to his collection on clearance for only $3. So, it's understandable why some summer things aren't shelved yet since it's only April but kind of funny how other summer things are already on clearance. I'm also shopping for a nice big beach bag for all of our gear and some nice big beach towels. Jack scored a new pair of flip flops.

When we got home I couldn't wake Jack up out of his car seat so just put him in his bed. He was out cold. I took my time getting ready for the BBQ but by noon Charlie & I couldn't wait any longer. So I strategically placed the monitor, locked the door, and headed across the street for the party. I still checked on him every 15 minutes, but that little stinker took a 2 hour nap.

The party was great (& Greg ended up only needing to stay at the shop until about 1:oo). We had a big BBQ & a lot of our friends at least stopped by for a little bit, a bounce house-thing for the kids, and of course the pool felt great. It was 85 degrees here today. Charlie was kicking around and having a great time --- once he got over his initial anxiety about not being able to float, and screamed & complained for several minutes. Jack LOVES the water. He's like a little fish. He's going to be a lot of fun this summer. I want to check into swimming lessons for them.

At 2:30 we got a message that our nephew, Drew, had a soccer game close by. We got changed, hopped in the car and caught the second half of his game. And now Charlie finally believes us that it's okay to hit the ball with your head in soccer. He always tells Greg, "No! You only use your feet! That's a different game!"

Afterwards we went to visit my Grandparents & Greg fixed a couple of their sprinklers and got the timer set and turned on. We visited for a few hours, came home, ate dinner, did baths, stories, brushed teeth, & the boys had no problem falling asleep. (Greg slept like a baby too and just barely headed out for his night at the ranch which starts at 11pm). After I got the boys down I just vegged on the couch & watched some Style Network.

It's really funny how busy our day ended up being. I'm tired (and sun burned on the top of my head--- it gets burned at least once every summer.. then I spend the next week explaining to everyone that I got sun burned on top of my head.. it's not dandruff.......really......).

No comments: