Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Life...


Tonight we had a little party for Katie with her roommates over at the clubhouse to celebrate the end of their year. A little girls-night-out complete with chocolate fondue, Shirley Temples, and the hot tub.


Such a fun group of girls all going their separate ways... getting married, going on missions... just living life!








Grandpa had open heart surgery today (4-18-07). We took the picture below when we went over to visit them last night.

*UPDATE 4-19-07: They did 5 bypasses in his surgery & he's recovering in the ICU.

*UPDATE 4-22-07:
Grandpa went home from he hospital on Saturday 4-21-07. I can't believe a person can have heart surgery on Wednesday & be up and walking around their own home on Saturday. Alan, Katie, & I went to visit Grandpa & he looks pretty dang good! I also learned that he used to play the sousaphone & once swore his kids to secrecy on the number of tomato plants they put in the garden one summer--- 950 PLANTS!!! That's definitely where my dad gets it from!

No comments: