Thanks to all you super motivated exercising fools & runners I seem to keep surrounding myself with.. I have decided to... exercise. It seems like a good thing to do, being in my mid-to-late twenties (27 to be more precise). But I always say I'm going to exercise, I just never really actually start. I've done it once or twice in my life, raise my heart rate a bit. I took a weight training class at BYU ummmm... 10 years ago. And I had a pretty good thing going with my spotter, Sport (that's the nickname I gave Jessica one evening as we were doing some wicked sets on one of the machines --all of which had nicknames as well) way back then... Oh, and there was a gym membership once too, I had it for 3 years! But I'm really not sure how often I went, and my main memory is messing around with the CD player before hoping on the treadmill.
Melené introduced me to this site since she's training for a marathon. A marathon sounds exhausting. The first roommate I ever had ran marathons. We camped out at the finish line after dropping her off at the starting at 3am.. then waited what seemed like ALL DAY for her. I remember blood dripping down her back from where the little safety pins, holding her number on her shirt, had rubbed through her skin. I also remember her every time I get a whiff of Bengay.
Anyway, I've got to be more realistic.. so, I've decided to train for a 5K! WOOHOO! (Hopefully it won't take me ALL DAY to run!) If only, I'd thought of this earlier, I could be running a 5K just a week and a half from now dressed like a superhero! (Maybe I still can.. let's just see how 'training' goes tomorrow).
So, here's my 5K training schedule for this week:
Week 1:
Monday - Run/Walk 15 minutes, Tuesday - Run/Walk 2 miles, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Run/Walk 15 minutes, Friday - Off, Saturday - Run/Walk 25 minutes, Sunday - Off
So, it looks like tomorrow, I should maybe finangle this first week and Run/Walk 2 miles!!! HA!! I'll see how it goes.. Maybe I'll just do Thursday's run/walk 15 minutes, or just see which ever comes first!
It's late, I've got to put this running machine to bed.
Out like trout,
TOAD (my 'workout' nickname from Jess... why was I Toad? Do you remember, Sport?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment