Saturday, April 14, 2007

So busy, so dizzy!

(Since it's nearly midnight, I'll add some pictures tomorrow.. & I have some awesome video clips of Jack too!)

I can hardly believe a whole week has slipped by without a post-- so sorry!
I'm trying to think back on this week.. and now I know why I'm so tired!

Here's a week in review:

Monday:
I finished cleaning up the kitchen from our big Easter dinner/birthday bash. Then I decided to start cleaning out the boys' toy room & remove some of the baby toys that are no longer played with (pulling them out, of course, sparked a whole new interest in them). I also started cleaning out all of the winter coats and clothes. It seems like I went somewhere on Monday, but for the life of me, I can't remember now... it's all a blur.

Tuesday:
We did a little shopping to find Avalon's birthday presents. I also decided to stop at the craft store to get some bracelet clasps so Charlie could make her a button bracelet. He loved the project & I was actually really surprised how well he did stringing the buttons onto the tiny cord.

2:00 Took the boys to Avalon's 4th birthday party. The boys are such suckers for birthday parties. Cake, ice cream, singing!

I decided since I was out and about to return some dress shirts I'd been deciding between for the boys for Easter (holy cow, I just realized I never even took a picture of them in their Sunday clothes on Easter--DAH!!!). We ran up to the mall, & old navy, then up to Target to get some diapers.

Wednesday:
Dropped Charlie off at Amy & Avalon's house while Jack & I met up with Jenny (who was visiting from Phoenix) & Liz to do some shopping. Shopping with only Jack is Heaven.. it's so easy to keep him occupied while I look. And I found a new pair of jeans that I love.

Thursday:
We got up and out the door by 9:30!!! We got a big Wal-mart shopping trip done ($7.15 in coupons saved). We got home, put everything away, made lunch, then I put the boys down for naps. I needed a break & some quiet time to sit down and balance my checkbook, pay bills.. that type of thing.

After naps we had our little friend, Zoe, over to play and make snicker doodles!

6:30 was the YW Camp Kick off (Camp isn't until June-- but they like to get excited). I didn't make it until the end because right as I was about to walk out the door Charlie somehow fell off of his chair at the counter and banged his nose & lip on his way down (On friday we realized he'd actually ripped his frenulum-- the little flappy part holding your top lip to your gum). We just have to keep an eye on it for infection.. but that was by far the worst accident he's had to date.

After I got home that night and put the kids to bed I decided it would be really great to see how fast & how far I could run. At the time it seemed like a really good idea. I'm still paying for it. My back and stomach were killing me all day Friday. I always push too hard too fast.

Friday:
I had a job interview at 10:30am! And I can't tell you how crazy it was to get the boys & myself ready and out the door by 9:45 so I could drop them off with Greg. I actually lost my shoes. I set them in the hallway outside the bathroom while I was getting ready & when I came back... gone! I knew Jack had taken them but I didn't actually find them until Saturday morning (back in my closet, but under my hamper).

I'm really excited about this prospective job. It's for a company that runs about 30 different dating/matching websites. From home, I'd be answering customer service e-mails, and doing other things like proofreading and approving new profiles. They ask for about 3 hours of work a day (6 days a week)--- but it's totally up to me when I do it. They suggest that you login once in the morning, afternoon, & evening to keep your response-time average down. It's a perfect job for a stay at home mom that just wants a little extra pocket change. The interviews went great. I got a 68 on my typing test & I think I did pretty well on the sample test questions they had me answer to see what my writing style would be like to the customers.

On my way home I ran a couple of quick errands. Made my first batch of strawberry freezer jam.. SO GOOD! Cleaned up the kitchen then totally hit a major wall. I tried, unsuccessfully, to put the boys down for a nap. Charlie hardly ever takes one & Jack had already had a weak little 45 minute one just before I'd gotten home. But they let me lay in bed for 45 minutes while they played. Then we went downstairs and I vegged on the couch with then in front of Curious George. We ordered pizza for dinner. I think I really really over did it with the running.

I mustered up enough strength to get ready for a girl's night out we'd planned for Ruth's birthday party. It's been a long time since I've been with that many girls just out having a blast. I'd been planning on being back to put the boys to bed but it was just too much fun. And when I called to check in Jack was already asleep.

Saturday:
I got up at 6:45am to feed the boys Cheerios and then snuck back into bed until 9:15-- Thanks Greg! While Greg & Charlie worked on getting some outside chores done, I did some inside & gave Jack a haircut-- my first ever (really just a good trim all around the ears & neck). He was SO GOOD! He just sat on the sink and let me snip away. Greg & Charlie headed to the BYU spring practice scrimmage at 1:00 & Jack and I took the time to window shop some antique & consignment shops on Main Street. I didn't buy anything today.. but almost bought a cute pair of purple ballet flats at a consignment store... I might go back. I really should wear more purple. Purple makes me happy.

This afternoon Charlie, Jack, and I spent almost 2 hours at the play grounds & visiting neighbors-- the weather was beautiful! (Greg napped from 3:30pm to 9... he's working his night shift tonight & decided to try out a new sleep schedule) The boys and I decided to grill up some hamburgers for dinner then hit the hot tub. The boys haven't been in the hot tub since last summer. They had so much fun. Jack loved it. Charlie used his floaties, and every time Jack got close enough he tried to bite them. I need to get some floaties for Jack.. he's not at all nervous in the water. The pool opens in two weeks-- it's going to be a great summer for the pool.

We tossed Jack in the tub & put him to bed, then I gave Charlie a haircut.. it looks pretty good.. I think... I definitely wore the boys out today (I'm worn out!)... please please please may they sleep in until 8am!!! (Granted, I'll probably still wake up at 7.. but just laying in bed a little longer would be wonderful!)

No comments: