I washed my downstairs windows today. I started with the bay window in the living room.
I took a big bucket of soapy water outside, & hauled out the ladder.
I washed them down, then dragged out our freakishly long, and very heavy, hose around to the front of the house.
I hosed them down (washing off the brick too which I decided was also looking a little dusty).
I scrubbed the screens & rinsed them off.
Then I took the Windex & paper towels to them.
THEN I CLEANED THE INSIDE... all the nasty dirt & slim in those tiny little grooves where the bottom of the window meets the sill. And wiped down the inside of the windows (which mysteriously are only dirty on the bottom 12 inches of the windows-- short kids-- but I cleaned the whole thing anyway).
Then for the backyard bay window. I hauled the ladder & the hose to the back yard & went through the same process. However, this time, when I was finished, I noticed that there were mud smears & random bird poops on the vinyl fence... what the heck, I had the stuff out there anyway... so, yes, I washed and hosed down my vinyl fence (and the siding on the back of the house-- like I said, I had all the stuff out there anyway).
This time, when I went into the house to put the screens back in, I realized that the blinds were awfully dusty.. So, I got my dusting cloth and started wiping down each 2 inch slat... is there an easier way??? I couldn't think of one.. and after doing the first window which is really only about a foot wide, I decided to save the other blinds for another day, it was exhausting.. but wait, maybe if i just do the bottom half of be big blinds (you know, the part hanging below the plant shelves.. THE PART NO ONE EVER SEES!), then I can do the rest another time (and not have to pull the shelves back out). Well, when I was done with that portion I thought, I might as well finish this window.. and then when that was done I decided I couldn't just leave the last window undone!
What started out as a simple "oh, it's a nice day, I'll clean the windows" turned into an exercise of over compulsive perfectionism that simply burned me out! The ladder is still sitting in the middle of the patio, with the freakishly large hose in a huge knotted mess heaped next to it. I don't think I want to clean anything EVER AGAIN! I'm done. That's it! I'll just spend the rest of my days sitting on my behind, letting all the STUFF I constantly shuffle around pile up around me. I'll just sit and stare... out my brilliantly clean windows-- Oh! And the screens, you can't even tell that they're there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment