Yesterday, after my first training session for my new job, I stopped at McDonald's (Charlie calls it 'OLD McDonald's') for some lunch before heading to my hair appointment. I ordered a number 2 combo--- quarter pounder with cheese, fries, & a Mr. Pibb. YUM.They were taking forever (how fast should fast food be?), but I was so happy to see my food when they finally brought it to me. I ate the fries as I was driving down the street & started getting my burger out at a red light before getting on the freeway.. it turned green.. the light never stays red long enough when you need it too. So I proceeded to merge onto the freeway while sticking my hand down in the bag for my burger. I was being careful, I promise! I kept grabbing the actual burger patty & the pickle & the cheese. Huh... maybe the burger had slid apart? I tried grabbing it again.. the same. I glanced down in the bag and sure enough-- THERE WAS NO BOTTOM BUN!
Now. When one is making a hamburger, how does one forget half of the bun? I do not know McDonald's procedures for assembling their burgers, but wouldn't something look just a little off? Did it get left on the counter? How was this missed? Is there a bread shortage that I didn't know about? Did I accidentaly order the low carb version of the quarter pounder with cheese?
Oh well, it was very strange... I ate my open-faced quarter pounder with cheese while driving on the freeway. I didn't even lose a pickle.
2 comments:
What a silly May Fools joke!
Hey--Happy Anniversary! Cinco de Mayo...fiesta!
(p.s. it really was Cinco de Mayo here when I posted that--12:47am!)
Post a Comment