I cleaned the bathrooms while they were watching their favorite Saturday morning cartoon, Blue Dragon.
- Then I swept the kitchen floor & started washing it while they played with play dough. They were kind enough to help me dry the floor. While we were drying it Charlie said, "Wow! We're really working hard today! Daddy will be so PLEASED that this is all clean. I'm going to be thankful for Jesus." (I love his random train of thoughts.)
- I vacuumed the living room while Jack chased a ball around with a bat & Charlie played golf.
- Then I made apple pancakes for breakfast... one of our weekend favorites. Cleaned up the kitchen.... and all of this before 10am. Not bad!
*****
After taking our time to get ready for the day & everyone got a pedicure (but I'm the only one who ended up with red toe nail polish), we picked up all of Charlie's toys in his room & relaxed. We turned on Monster's Inc & did some drawing. Jack was ready for lunch by 12 & went down for his nap by 12:30. Lunch was simple today: apple sauce & cottage cheese & ham & cheese roll ups. (And unfortunately, as I'm typing this, I hear Jack crying... a 45 minute nap-- not good. Not good at all.)
*****
This afternoon I cleaned out my closet & dresser. I ended up with a giant garbage bag of stuff to take to DI & another big box to take to the consignment shop next winter. I love getting rid of junk. One of my favorite books about getting rid of junk is called Clutter's Last Stand. It's probably about time for me to read it again.
I also cleaned out Jack's dresser & went threw all of his 18 month clothes & pulled out the ones for the consignment shop & the junky ones & boxed up the rest. I did the same for Charlie's 3T shirts & 2T pants (which I cleaned out of his dresser yesterday). One of my least favorite projects, but it's all done.
We just got back from the park and taking a walk & we're about to sit down to Spaghetti for dinner. We'll just take it easy the rest of the night, but I really feel like I got a lot done today. And I still have another day left in the weekend. Ahhh....
2 comments:
Very, very, VERY impressive. Good Job, SuperMom. ;)
Wow, you rock!
Post a Comment