Thursday, October 23, 2008

Feedback requested because I have severe issues with decorating my own house...

So, for awhile I've been planning on putting bookshelves on the wall behind my couch.

I figured that 2 would work proportionately too the couch BUT now I'm thinking that 2 feels weird. There should be 3, right?
BEFORE:














AFTER - Ignore the stuff I've thrown on the shelves for now. I'm thinking~ get rid of the tall lamp and push 3 books cases closer together:



6 comments:

Megan said...

Hello my dear!
I would recommend either 3 or that you place them perpendicular to each other - one on the wall with the window, and one (or two!)on the wall it's on now. It'll leave a bit of a space between them, but I think it might look better.

Kaci said...

Jen, I think the book shelves are so cute! If you are anything like me, you will second guess yourself sick! Good luck!

Also, although your new profile picture is way cute, I must admit, I'm missing seeing your really white teeth!

Megan Hauze said...

I would say 3 bookshelves, but it is hard to know what it really looks like without being there. I do like the shelves! Jen, you better not be doing too much of the decorating, you are going to put yourself into labor, or maybe that is what you are trying to do ;) You guys have a little soccer player on your hands. He is so cute!
Megan

Lindsey said...

I like 3 too. I'm not a blog stalker. I got your link off of Dave and Mindy's blog. Your fam is growing so much and you are all so cute. --(Dave's sis) Lindsey

Megan Hauze said...

Barnes your kids are super funny.... Jen meg always says odd numbers of everything look best... Now I have 3 kids on the way ummmmm. Wow your 9 months have gone fast for me..LOL Try and hold out till Nov 17th. Its a good B-day. Later Hauze.

Jenny and Jared said...

This is exactly the kind of thing that I will dwell on for months and be in a panic because I don't know. I love the shelves but I don't have any advice for you. I always feel really weird about any furniture at an angle or pulled away from the wall. I know that it can look good, but it's too scary for me to do it. Good luck with that!