Monday, October 27, 2008

Ready or not here he comes.

I think that I'm almost ready for kid #3.

I've gotten my I'm-not-buying-any-more-clothes-until-I'm-skinny-again-so-I'm-chopping-off-my-hair-haircut. Less hair = less weight I'll have to lose. (Nice cheesy head shot, right? And my photographer is only 5.)

I'm still going ballistic on all things clutter. No mercy but it's a continual process. I keep finding more closets, more drawers, more BOXES. Oh the boxes!!! And the ironic thing about de-cluttering I've found is that it actually creates quite a huge mess.


I had an awesome baby shower brunch with some of my most favorite people. It should be done more often.

As for the actual baby part of getting ready for the baby. Greg decided yesterday that we should start getting serious about picking a name. Really? He claims that he told me his most favorite name yesterday, but then forgot it just hours later. Ummmm... I don't think he said it out loud, but whatevs. We'll figure it out. Or do a contest or raffle and let someone else pick.

In an effort to keep things simple and to be a bit more earth-friendly I'm not buying lots of new stuff. Just a few bare necessities. Sometimes this greatly conflicts with my obsessive compulsive perfectionism. Example - the crib set is 5 years old and has been in constant use. If we were having a girl - an easy justification for a new crib set. BUT - I didn't want to buy a new one just for the heck of it. So, I cleaned everything really well, and the only thing that bothered by was the piling on the crib bumper. INSPIRATION~ piling can be shaved off. So, I gave it a go. Worse case, I tore it and had to buy new crib bedding (justification) but it worked out and the whole thing looks like new. With a couple of new crib sheets we're good to go and I feel great about not purchasing a new set. Saving the earth one crib bumper at a time.














And just for the heck of it - here is a belly shot at 37 1/2 weeks. He hasn't dropped and doesn't seem to have any intention of doing so. 10 days and counting until my c-section!

For all my pregnant friends read this bare bones baby buying guide and this getting ready for baby list.

10 comments:

kathryn said...

amen to pretty much everything you said, jen. i'm at 36 weeks and going crazy trying to clean and organize everything. good luck with this little guy! can't wait to see pictures!

kathryn said...

oh, and i LOVE the hair. it's giving me inspiration to perhaps do something just as drastic with mine...

J.J. & Katy said...

I LOVE the new hair! It should be your new profile pic for... anything that needs a profile picture :)

Megan Hauze said...

LOVE the hair, if only John wouldn't leave me if I chopped mine. You look great!
Good luck, I feel like I am already nesting. It is WAY too early for that!

BBC said...

you are so cute! love the haircut! byw, i'm voting for max as the name for baby #3. :)

Unknown said...

I love your hair!!! It looks soo good on you:)

julie said...

I agree with everyone on the hair! Does shaving piling work on shirts and is there a technique to it? The bumper turned out great, I felt the same way about using our crib set again but I hate to be wasteful as well.

Florrie said...

Love the hair. So cute. And I'm impressed with your resourcefulness using the razor. Whouda Thunk. Looks great though.And don't worry, my baby number three totally got the shaft and baby number four was even worse. The more kids you have, the more you realize exactly what's NOT nessecary, and you buy accordingly. Hope to see you at book club on Thurs.

Jenny and Jared said...

Love the new hair. Love the huge belly. What I love the most is that feeling of satisfaction after de-pilling fabrics. It's like removing a tough stain or cleaning out your ears or hot gluing something that you thought would be broken forever. Triumph!

Carrie Snider said...

You're freakin' hot and you are the cutest prego person ever! Good luck with THREE boys. :)